The Centre for Biodiversity Conservation Research (CBCR) is pleased to announce a vacancy for a part-time position of a Communications Specialist. The primary responsibility of the position is to communicate the work of the Centre externally, with particular focus on project outcomes. The position will also manage and coordinate all communication-related activities of the CBCR and ensure that the Centre’s website is fully active and kept up to date.
CBCR office, Legon campus and also remotely
40% FTE, i.e. Two days in a week
Attractive and negotiable
Full Terms of Reference (TORs) for the position is available to interested participants through the contact indicated below.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in communications, journalism, public relations, or a related field.
- A minimum of 2 years of professional work experience as a communications specialist.
- Fluency in English required, excellent communication skills and demonstrable writing skills
- Solid understanding of communication tools, mechanisms, and channels, including online (portals, newsgroups, email, and text), print (newspaper,books, magazines), social media (Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, YouTube, WhatsApp) and others.
- Ability to research, analyze, evaluate and synthesize information.
- Ability to draft clear and concise ideas and concepts in written and oral form; specific skills in writing articles/stories for traditional and electronic media.
- Highly computer literate with capability in email, MS Office, and related business and communication tools.
- Experience in managing a website.
- Photo and video-editing skills will be an advantage.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to submit the following documents:
- An application letter.
- An up-to-date CV (maximum 3 pages), including contact details of three references.
- Copies of relevant academic certificates
The application must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org, with a copy to email@example.com . Only short-listed applicants will be contacted and invited for an interview.
Application deadline: Not later than 17 00 GMT, March 15, 2023